Nostalgia hit me.
I went to my piano...hesitantly at first.
Have not played it for so many months.
The old piece was the one I played on my very first recital..."Doll's Dream" by Theodore Oesten. A timeless piece...way back 18th century.
A long one...about four pages.
Thinking that my parents were already in the confines of their bedroom...fast asleep
I played softly.
As I played...I came to notice the weakness of my fingers.
It's all "rusty".
I did not have any difficulty playing the piece before.
But last night...my fingers did not glide smoothly on my piano's ivory keys.
I think it comes with age
and also with my lack of practice.
Oblivious to my mom's sudden presence
I continued to play.
Then she spoke quietly...in a whispering tone (as if I'm doing something illegal haha)
"Good you find time to play that piano".
She encouraged me to practice my "gifted" skill whenever I have the time instead of lingering too much on my computer screen.
She's very honest in speaking her thoughts such as: "It's fine to spend some time in front of the pc but it's not good to spend ALL your time in front of it and forgetting those things you used to do"
Actually...she won't mind If I linger on my pc.
But she's very keen to "some emails" (come and go) hahaha
She said it's taking too much of my time and that it's not doing me any good at all.
I nod in agreement.
Haha...
On the other hand...she approved my new interest
which is: love for twilight saga.
Hilariously, she thought it's safer to adore a vampire....a fictional character
than someone who truly exists but could not promise any protection...or guarantees
leaving the future...unknown
and the price of being with that someone is " too costly"
I still love fast songs though
But the classics will always remain to be the "favorites."
Like my "classic old self."
I now very well know what "time management" means :)
free web counter
1 comment:
Yes, Go love a vampire. At least nobody will hate you for doing so. hahaha kidding!
Forget the one who really exist. not worthy of your time.
Did you happen to collect all the books?
Post a Comment